E pluribus unum meaning in hindi
Enough Трамп Spam!
2015.09.07 19:51 MrAnon515 Enough Трамп Spam!
Because the amount of Trump spam is *too damn high!* Enough Трамп Spam
2008.07.01 11:34 reddit: n. the front page of the internet
We are a community of word enthusiasts, hobbyists, and friends. We enjoy dictionaries, language learning, word games, and educational tools. Word related posts and questions are encouraged. In particular, please always feel welcome to ask about the meaning of a word or ask for help finding a word for a specific situation. Thank you for being a part of our community!
2023.05.29 18:08 DesignedIt Creating Materials Feedback
I'm in the process of creating materials to sell on the Unity Asset store. I want to give everyone the best materials possible and don't mind putting in hard work to create over-the-top materials. Textures:
I created 376 different textures and used CrazyBump to generate the maps below, totaling 1,880 total texture files.
I then created 376 materials for each of the following, totaling 3,760 materials with different configurations. I figured this would make it easy to use Built-in Render Pipeline Materials:
- Standard (Specular)
- Bumped Diffuse
- Bumped Specular
Should I Include All 10 Material Types Above? Or Different Ones? Should HDRP Materials be Added?
- Lit (Specular)
- Complex Lit
- Simple Lit
: Usually when I buy a material pack, it comes with just one set of materials (i.e. Standard). Is providing one set of materials for each of the 10 types above helpful? It only adds a few MB extra to the package. Pros would be that people would have all of the materials that they need for their app, whether they're developing on mobile or PC or use the built-in render pipeline or URP. Cons would be that it may be confusing on which type of material to select, and it may take longer to select/assign the correct material since all 10 types appear in the search window -- each type is named different, so you could, for example, search for "Standard" to have them all appear in the search box. Should I create Height Maps? If so, what software is best?
: I added the Displacement map to the Height Map of each material. I did this because (1) I couldn't find any software that could generate actual height maps (tried several and watched many Youtube and Udemy tutorials) and (2) when building my own games, materials that I used for the floor weren't even due to a height map and the enemies would fall below the floor. Image Resolution:
The base textures were 1024 x 1024. There are 3 options for adjusting the image resolution. I used option 2.
What Image Resolution Should I Use?
- Keep the images at 1024 x 1024.
- Upscale the images to 2048 x 2048 without any alteration to the image.
- Upscale the images to 2048 x 2048 and alter the image. 70% of the images look of higher quality and 30% look of worse quality.
EVERY material pack that I purchased on the Unity Asset Store uses 2048 x 2048 resolution. If you compress these textures, you can tell that they all were originally 512 x 512 and they upscaled the images to 2048 x 2048 without making any changes. This means that their material with the default texture images of 2048 x 2048 might be about 10 MB, and compressing all textures within the Unity Editor to 1024 x 1024 for this material might only be about 1 MB. For my materials, a material at 1024 x 1024 looks the same and is the same quality as the 2048 x 2048 image, but takes up much less space.
Ethical Dilemma Question
- If I were to use this materials pack, I would prefer 1024 x 1024 textures that take up the least amount of space with the best quality.
- Every other seller upscales their images to 2048 x 2048 without an increase in quality but an increase in space.
: What resolution should I create the textures at? 1024 x 1024 would be better for everyone (best quality, lowest file size). 2048 x 2048 would be worse to use (same quality, much larger file size) -- I have the compression set to 1024 x 1024 by default in Unity's editor, so it only takes up additional space on the disk, but uses the lower file size after the game/app is compiled. If I include 1024 x 1024 texture images, then people will buy the other packs labeled 2048 x 2048 even though they're very low quality that are artificially upscaled. If I include the 2048 x 2048 texture images, then I'm just increasing the file size so I can match what every other seller is unethically doing. Compression
: Prior to compressing the 1,880 texture images, they were about 6 GB, which is the limit of a Unity Asset Store upload. I think I made the correct choice on this, which is option #1 below.
- Compress images using 2 different methods in Python, which decreases total size to 1 GB and decreases quality very slightly.
- Compress images using 1 method. This didn't decrease the size too much but also didn't decrease the quality.
- Use jpg images, which take up less space than option 1 but also have less quality. The Unity Asset Store's terms say lossless images such as PNG need to be used, but I purchased other material packages from the Unity Asset Store using JPG images that are loss-full. If I were developing on mobile, I would choose jpg to decrease the file size slightly since the images still look great, but looks like jpg files are against Unity's terms.
submitted by DesignedIt
to Unity3D [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 18:07 SputnikSK Automated Visual Content Generation: Because Who Said Being Creative Can't Be Easy (for a Super Lazy python dev)?
I made a python project called FemtoKraft, it’s a visual content generation tool, currently accessible via private Discord.
All you do is provide an initial prompt. From there, my python project basically automates everything:
It takes your idea/prompt and weaves it into a captivating story of images, seamlessly stitched together with a soundtrack and intelligent subtitles. All of this is powered by the latest image generating Stable Diffusion Model and GPT API.
Check out a sample video from our TikTok channel, created with nothing more than a simple press of a button:
Tik Tok Sample(newest version of the vids, higher like counts): https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJxLrRwL/
YouTube Shorts samples(older version of FemtoKraft with : https://youtube.com/shorts/sKra-9Fj6LY?feature=share https://youtube.com/shorts/uSi84tbiSlE?feature=share
This is all Alpha! So the video story generation keep on changing.
We’re eager to hear your thoughts, your advice, and your critiques. Are you a seasoned content creator with insights to share? We're all ears! And by “we” I mean hobby developers who do this in our spare time.
submitted by SputnikSK
to StableDiffusion [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 18:01 suhermansahid [FNV] Crashing every 30 minutes, while saving also when fast traveling , help...
crash log :
Cobb Crash Logger Version 3.0.0, build 0.
If this file is empty, then your game didn't crash! Probably!
Exception C0000005 caught!
0x0044DDC0 ==> EntryPoint+0xFFFFFFFF in FalloutNV (0x0019F338)
0x004BCB01 ==> EntryPoint+0xFFFFFFFF in FalloutNV (0x0019F360)
0x004C93A9 ==> EntryPoint+0xFFFFFFFF in FalloutNV (0x0019F3B8)
0x005755F3 ==> EntryPoint+0xFFFFFFFF in FalloutNV (0x0019F3D4)
0x00776CD4 ==> EntryPoint+0xFFFFFFFF in FalloutNV (0x0019F92C)
0x0070C374 ==> EntryPoint+0xFFFFFFFF in FalloutNV (0x0019FAC0)
0x007034BB ==> EntryPoint+0xFFFFFFFF in FalloutNV (0x0019FAC8)
0x0086F7ED ==> EntryPoint+0xFFFFFFFF in FalloutNV (0x0019FAE4)
0x0086EE67 ==> EntryPoint+0xFFFFFFFF in FalloutNV (0x0019FB3C)
0x0086B3E8 ==> EntryPoint+0xFFFFFFFF in FalloutNV (0x0019FEC0)
0x665B2204 ==> EntryPoint+0xFFFFFFFF in nvse_steam_loader (0x0019FEE0)
0x00ECC470 ==> EntryPoint+0xFFFFFFFF in FalloutNV (0x0019FF70)
0x767100C9 ==> BaseThreadInitThunk+0x19 in KERNEL32 (0x0019FF80)
0x773F7B4E ==> RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath+0x11E in ntdll (0x0019FFDC)
0x773F7B1E ==> RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath+0xEE in ntdll (0x0019FFEC)
Instruction pointer (EIP): 0044DDC0
0x0040FE5F 0x154E5460 0x00000005 0xFF7FFFFF
0x0019F360 0x004BCB01 0x0019F35C 0x0D430A04
0x00000018 0x0D430A4C 0x154E5460 0x3A0E0001
0x00000001 0x00000000 0x0019F3B8 0x004C93A9
0x004102C5 0x00000018 0x00000034 0x128E1714
0x0019F38C 0x00418533 0x3A0E4830 0x0D430A04
0x0133B0A0 0x0D5E10F4 0x00000001 0x0D28242C
0x1C218450 0x00000001 0x00000000 0x00000000
0x00000004 0x0119F920 0x0B768EA8 0x00000001
0x0019F3D4 0x005755F3 0x00000000 0x3E4D6400
0x128E1714 0x00000000 0x41204BE4 0x0019F92C
0x00776CD4 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x2A831EED
0xB2186A00 0x00000000 0x361A8600 0x361A8600
LISTING MODULE BASES ...
- 0x00400000 - 0x014089E4: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\FalloutNV.exe
- 0x77390000 - 0x77534000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
- 0x766F0000 - 0x767E0000: C:\Windows\System32\KERNEL32.DLL
- 0x75510000 - 0x7574A000: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
- 0x64C20000 - 0x64CC0000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\apphelp.dll
- 0x76550000 - 0x766EC000: C:\Windows\System32\USER32.dll
- 0x75CB0000 - 0x75CC8000: C:\Windows\System32\win32u.dll
- 0x708A0000 - 0x7092D000: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.19041.1110_none_c0da534e38c01f4d\COMCTL32.dll
- 0x75A60000 - 0x75A84000: C:\Windows\System32\GDI32.dll
- 0x76A70000 - 0x76AEC000: C:\Windows\System32\ADVAPI32.dll
- 0x5B920000 - 0x5BAAF000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d9.dll
- 0x76800000 - 0x768E5000: C:\Windows\System32\gdi32full.dll
- 0x76900000 - 0x769BF000: C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll
- 0x76AF0000 - 0x76B6B000: C:\Windows\System32\msvcp_win.dll
- 0x76330000 - 0x763A6000: C:\Windows\System32\sechost.dll
- 0x76B70000 - 0x76C90000: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
- 0x763B0000 - 0x7646F000: C:\Windows\System32\RPCRT4.dll
- 0x76C90000 - 0x76F10000: C:\Windows\System32\combase.dll
- 0x75CE0000 - 0x76296000: C:\Windows\System32\SHELL32.dll
- 0x72550000 - 0x7255F000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\kernel.appcore.dll
- 0x75800000 - 0x758E3000: C:\Windows\System32\ole32.dll
- 0x711E0000 - 0x717ED000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\windows.storage.dll
- 0x64110000 - 0x64136000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dwmapi.dll
- 0x66840000 - 0x668B1000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\GalaxyWrp.dll
- 0x66970000 - 0x6697E000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\d3dx9_38.dll
- 0x73420000 - 0x73428000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WSOCK32.dll
- 0x762C0000 - 0x76323000: C:\Windows\System32\WS2_32.dll
- 0x662B0000 - 0x662E7000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\DINPUT8.dll
- 0x5F1C0000 - 0x5F23F000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\DSOUND.dll
- 0x18000000 - 0x18068000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\binkw32.dll
- 0x72560000 - 0x72588000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WINMM.dll
- 0x66820000 - 0x66840000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\libvorbisfile.dll
- 0x70DF0000 - 0x70E15000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\Wldp.dll
- 0x7ACE0000 - 0x7B121000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Galaxy.dll
- 0x666C0000 - 0x66745000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll
- 0x665E0000 - 0x666B6000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSVCR110.dll
- 0x729A0000 - 0x729B5000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
- 0x723D0000 - 0x72414000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\powrprof.dll
- 0x64180000 - 0x6419D000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\winmmbase.dll
- 0x762A0000 - 0x762B9000: C:\Windows\System32\bcrypt.dll
- 0x66490000 - 0x66555000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\libvorbis.dll
- 0x70840000 - 0x70892000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSWSOCK.dll
- 0x751F0000 - 0x75223000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\IPHLPAPI.DLL
- 0x05A40000 - 0x05A56000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\XINPUT1_3.dll
- 0x76F40000 - 0x77374000: C:\Windows\System32\SETUPAPI.dll
- 0x75AF0000 - 0x75B2B000: C:\Windows\System32\cfgmgr32.dll
- 0x7A6B0000 - 0x7AA78000: C:\Windows\System32\d3dx9_38.DLL
- 0x76F10000 - 0x76F35000: C:\Windows\System32\IMM32.DLL
- 0x649A0000 - 0x649B1000: C:\Windows\system32\napinsp.dll
- 0x647F0000 - 0x64806000: C:\Windows\system32\pnrpnsp.dll
- 0x64770000 - 0x64780000: C:\Windows\system32\wshbth.dll
- 0x6E3F0000 - 0x6E406000: C:\Windows\system32\NLAapi.dll
- 0x6E350000 - 0x6E3E1000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\DNSAPI.dll
- 0x75CD0000 - 0x75CD7000: C:\Windows\System32\NSI.dll
- 0x64760000 - 0x6476E000: C:\Windows\System32\winrnr.dll
- 0x66800000 - 0x66814000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVHR\nvhr_avx2.dll
- 0x71840000 - 0x7184D000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\UMPDC.dll
- 0x66330000 - 0x66483000: C:\Modding\MO2\usvfs_x86.dll
- 0x75C50000 - 0x75C95000: C:\Windows\System32\SHLWAPI.dll
- 0x75310000 - 0x753A6000: C:\Windows\System32\OLEAUT32.dll
- 0x649C0000 - 0x64AAD000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\inputhost.dll
- 0x75BC0000 - 0x75C47000: C:\Windows\System32\shcore.dll
- 0x6A9B0000 - 0x6AA4B000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\CoreMessaging.dll
- 0x70770000 - 0x70832000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\PROPSYS.dll
- 0x6AF20000 - 0x6AFFB000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\wintypes.dll
- 0x6AA50000 - 0x6ACCE000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\CoreUIComponents.dll
- 0x75A90000 - 0x75AEF000: C:\Windows\System32\bcryptPrimitives.dll
- 0x6AEF0000 - 0x6AF19000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntmarta.dll
- 0x717F0000 - 0x71808000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\profapi.dll
- 0x665B0000 - 0x665DD000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\nvse_steam_loader.dll
- 0x724F0000 - 0x724F8000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\VERSION.dll
- 0x40350000 - 0x4049B000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\nvse_1_4.dll
- 0x18B90000 - 0x18BA7000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\ActorCauseSaveBloatFix.dll
- 0x404B0000 - 0x404D6000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\Alpha Fixes.dll
- 0x404F0000 - 0x4051F000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\AnhNVSE.dll
- 0x40530000 - 0x40564000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\BetterCaravan.dll
- 0x66590000 - 0x665AA000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\ClimateControl.dll
- 0x5B870000 - 0x5B8DD000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll
- 0x66570000 - 0x66590000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\CloudUpgrade.dll
- 0x667F0000 - 0x667FB000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\CobbCrashLogger.dll
- 0x72A50000 - 0x72BD8000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dbghelp.dll
- 0x405B0000 - 0x405C7000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\DoF-Fix.dll
- 0x405E0000 - 0x40604000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\DynamicPipBoyLight.dll
- 0x40620000 - 0x40644000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\ExternalEmittanceFix.dll
- 0x40660000 - 0x4067B000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\FogCulling.dll
- 0x40690000 - 0x406A6000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\HDPipboy.dll
- 0x406C0000 - 0x406D9000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\HighResBloom.dll
- 0x406F0000 - 0x40706000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\HighResLocalMaps.dll
- 0x40720000 - 0x40746000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\ImprovedLightingShaders.dll
- 0x40760000 - 0x407E1000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\jip_nvse.dll
- 0x40800000 - 0x40852000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\johnnyguitar.dll
- 0x75CA0000 - 0x75CA6000: C:\Windows\System32\PSAPI.DLL
- 0x40870000 - 0x408E9000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\kNVSE.dll
- 0x40900000 - 0x40932000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\MCM.dll
- 0x40950000 - 0x40956000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\mlf.dll
- 0x40970000 - 0x40996000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\MoonlightNVSE.dll
- 0x409D0000 - 0x409E7000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\MuzzleFlashFix.dll
- 0x409F0000 - 0x40A10000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\nvse_console_clipboard.dll
- 0x40AC0000 - 0x40B9F000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\nvse_stewie_tweaks.dll
- 0x72BE0000 - 0x72D47000: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.19041.2251_none_d9513b1fe1046fc7\gdiplus.dll
- 0x40A30000 - 0x40A5F000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\NVTF.dll
- 0x7B130000 - 0x7B32F000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3dx9_43.dll
- 0x40A70000 - 0x40A88000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\PipBoyShadingFix.dll
- 0x40CA0000 - 0x40DD6000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\ShowOffNVSE.dll
- 0x5A000000 - 0x5A131000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\supNVSE.dll
- 0x72F40000 - 0x73396000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WININET.dll
- 0x40FF0000 - 0x40FFB000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\ui_organizer.dll
- 0x5A1E0000 - 0x5A1E6000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\weapon_lag_fix.dll
- 0x5A200000 - 0x5A268000: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\yUI.dll
- 0x72810000 - 0x72884000: C:\Windows\system32\uxtheme.dll
- 0x71180000 - 0x711A1000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\SspiCli.dll
- 0x5A370000 - 0x5A3C9000: C:\Windows\System32\fwpuclnt.dll
- 0x662F0000 - 0x662F8000: C:\Windows\System32\rasadhlp.dll
- 0x71850000 - 0x7185E000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\msasn1.dll
- 0x64780000 - 0x647A6000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\cryptnet.dll
- 0x753B0000 - 0x754B0000: C:\Windows\System32\CRYPT32.dll
- 0x711D0000 - 0x711DA000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\cryptbase.dll
- 0x769C0000 - 0x76A0C000: C:\Windows\System32\WINTRUST.DLL
- 0x767E0000 - 0x767F9000: C:\Windows\System32\imagehlp.dll
- 0x6E4F0000 - 0x6E503000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\CRYPTSP.dll
- 0x6E4C0000 - 0x6E4EF000: C:\Windows\system32\rsaenh.dll
- 0x5BAB0000 - 0x5EF49000: C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\RTSSHooks.dll
- 0x75230000 - 0x75304000: C:\Windows\System32\MSCTF.dll
- 0x6ACD0000 - 0x6AD8A000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\textinputframework.dll
- 0x723C0000 - 0x723CA000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\HID.DLL
- 0x6E700000 - 0x6E724000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\DEVOBJ.dll
- 0x76470000 - 0x764EE000: C:\Windows\System32\clbcatq.dll
- 0x5F150000 - 0x5F1BB000: C:\Windows\System32\MMDevApi.dll
- 0x5F790000 - 0x5F8C6000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\AUDIOSES.DLL
- 0x5ACA0000 - 0x5ACAF000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\resourcepolicyclient.dll
- 0x5FD10000 - 0x5FDA6000: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmdig.inf_amd64_3412f856dd9f8e1c\nvldumd.dll
- 0x63310000 - 0x63410000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\drvstore.dll
- 0x5FDB0000 - 0x62933000: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmdig.inf_amd64_3412f856dd9f8e1c\nvd3dum.dll
- 0x6E330000 - 0x6E34E000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\gpapi.dll
- 0x6D4C0000 - 0x6D4EC000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dxcore.dll
- 0x6E640000 - 0x6E6D4000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\TextShaping.dll
- 0x66100000 - 0x66264000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dcomp.dll
- 0x637D0000 - 0x63E6E000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\nvapi.dll
- 0x6D290000 - 0x6D42A000: C:\Windows\System32\quartz.dll
- 0x5A1A0000 - 0x5A1B8000: C:\Windows\System32\devenum.dll
- 0x6DB90000 - 0x6DD73000: C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\DirectVobSub\vsfilter.dll
- 0x64920000 - 0x64993000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WINSPOOL.DRV
- 0x64BB0000 - 0x64BF2000: C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\MPC-HC\LAVFilters\LAVAudio.ax
- 0x725D0000 - 0x727E0000: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.19041.1110_none_a8625c1886757984\COMCTL32.dll
- 0x6DD80000 - 0x6E26F000: C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\MPC-HC\LAVFilters\avformat-lav-59.dll
- 0x70930000 - 0x70B19000: C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\MPC-HC\LAVFilters\avutil-lav-57.dll
- 0x794E0000 - 0x7A675000: C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\MPC-HC\LAVFilters\avcodec-lav-59.dll
- 0x66300000 - 0x66327000: C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\MPC-HC\LAVFilters\swresample-lav-4.dll
- 0x71810000 - 0x71832000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ncrypt.dll
- 0x647B0000 - 0x647D8000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\NTASN1.dll
- 0x71860000 - 0x71C5A000: C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax
- 0x75750000 - 0x757FF000: C:\Windows\System32\COMDLG32.dll
- 0x66270000 - 0x66296000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\DINPUT.dll
- 0x64C00000 - 0x64C09000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\msdmo.dll
- 0x66790000 - 0x667B2000: C:\Windows\System32\qasf.dll
- 0x70E20000 - 0x7102D000: C:\Windows\System32\WMVCore.DLL
- 0x668C0000 - 0x668FD000: C:\Windows\System32\WMASF.DLL
- 0x70CC0000 - 0x70DC6000: C:\Windows\System32\mfperfhelper.dll
- 0x667C0000 - 0x667D7000: C:\Windows\System32\mp3dmod.dll
- 0x71C60000 - 0x71DD9000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\mfplat.DLL
- 0x66900000 - 0x66929000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\RTWorkQ.DLL
- 0x66930000 - 0x66949000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSACM32.DLL
- 0x6AE90000 - 0x6AEC3000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\l3codecp.acm
- 0x71030000 - 0x71104000: C:\Windows\System32\msmpeg2adec.dll
- 0x66560000 - 0x66568000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\avrt.dll
- 0x6D430000 - 0x6D491000: C:\Program Files (x86)\ReClock\ReClockDS.dll
- 0x71DE0000 - 0x71EC9000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\DDRAW.dll
- 0x72420000 - 0x724E2000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dxgi.dll
- 0x66950000 - 0x66957000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\DCIMAN32.dll
- 0x6E270000 - 0x6E2A3000: C:\Program Files (x86)\ReClock\AC3Lib.dll
- 0x6A980000 - 0x6A994000: C:\Program Files (x86)\ReClock\Compressor.dll
- 0x6AED0000 - 0x6AEEB000: C:\Program Files (x86)\ReClock\Resampler.dll
- 0x6E2B0000 - 0x6E2D2000: C:\Program Files (x86)\ReClock\Timestretch.dll
- 0x6E410000 - 0x6E44A000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\wdmaud.drv
- 0x6E2E0000 - 0x6E2E7000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ksuser.dll
- 0x6E310000 - 0x6E31A000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\msacm32.drv
- 0x6E320000 - 0x6E328000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\midimap.dll
- 0x72D50000 - 0x72E43000: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.dll
- 0x71ED0000 - 0x71F43000: C:\Windows\System32\WindowManagementAPI.dll
- 0x74400000 - 0x7458F000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\twinapi.appcore.dll
- 0x6D900000 - 0x6D993000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\mscms.dll
- 0x6D9A0000 - 0x6D9C5000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\USERENV.dll
- 0x6D9D0000 - 0x6D9DC000: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ColorAdapterClient.dll
- 0x6D9E0000 - 0x6DA11000: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.Internal.Graphics.Display.DisplayColorManagement.dll
GAME CRASHED AT INSTRUCTION Base+0x0004DDC0 IN MODULE: C:\GAMES\Fallout - New Vegas\FalloutNV.exe
Please note that this does not automatically mean that that module is responsible.
It may have been supplied bad data or program state as the result of an issue in
the base game or a different DLL.
0 0 FalloutNV.esm
1 1 DeadMoney.esm
2 2 HonestHearts.esm
3 3 OldWorldBlues.esm
4 4 LonesomeRoad.esm
5 5 GunRunnersArsenal.esm
6 6 ClassicPack.esm
7 7 MercenaryPack.esm
8 8 TribalPack.esm
9 9 CaravanPack.esm
10 a YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
11 b NavmeshOverhaul.esm
12 c Vanilla Enhancements.esm
13 d Navmesh Overhaul VNV Patch.esm
14 e BraveNewWorld.esm
15 f New Vegas Landscape Overhaul.esm
16 10 Uncut Wasteland.esm
17 11 NVInteriors_Core.esm
18 12 Simple Open Freeside.esm
19 13 New Vegas Redesigned II.esm
20 14 Monster Wars.esm
21 15 AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
22 16 TLD_Travelers.esm
23 17 Momod.esm
24 18 NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
25 19 vault22FloralOverhaul.esm
26 1a Mojave Wildlife (Vanilla-Style + No Chanced).esp
27 1b Mojave Raiders.esm
28 1c Simple Open Strip.esm
29 1d AWOPDeadMoney.esm
30 1e VanessaFollowerNV.esm
31 1f Cyberware.esm
32 20 Better Character Creation.esm
33 21 Functional Post Game Ending Lite.esm
34 22 Helmet Overlay.esm
35 23 Animated Player Interactions.esm
36 24 WMVM.esm
37 25 DYNAVISION 3.esm
38 26 IntimacyOverhaul_v1.0.esm
39 27 YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp
40 28 Unofficial Patch NVSE Plus.esp
41 29 JSawyer Ultimate.esp
42 2a ExRB.esp
43 2b JSawyer Ultimate - Push's Tweaks.esp
44 2c Little More Lamplight.esp
45 2d DLC Enhancements.esp
46 2e Mojave Raiders.esp
47 2f NVR2 - YUP Patch.esp
48 30 DNWeathers.esp
49 31 ArizonaArmy.esp
50 32 Atmospheric Lighting Tweaks.esp
51 33 Casino Crowds.esp
52 34 Monster Wars - Epic Battles Plugin.esp
53 35 mil.esp
54 36 AWOPDeadMoneyVendorPatch.esp
55 37 NVMIM.esp
56 38 Crafting Consistency Fix.esp
57 39 ExRB_Cut-Sewers.esp
58 3a The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
59 3b Vanilla UI Plus.esp
60 3c CPI Icons.esp
61 3d JustAssortedMods.esp
62 3e NPCsSprint.esp
63 3f Real Recoil.esp
64 40 Real Recoil Tweaks.esp
65 41 Follower Tweaks.esp
66 42 FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp
67 43 BraveNewWorld-YUP.esp
68 44 T4-plugin.esp
69 45 FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp
70 46 Companion Sandbox Mode3.esp
71 47 More Perks v3.esp
72 48 NVR2 - BNW Patch.esp
73 49 TrooperOverhaul-Dragbody.esp
74 4a NCRTrooperOverhaul.esp
75 4b DelayDLCRedux.esp
76 4c Mojave Arsenal.esp
77 4d Famine.esp
78 4e Famine - Flora.esp
79 4f Food Effect Tweaks.esp
80 50 Player Combat Priority.esp
81 51 PCP Reduced Chance To Attack Doggo Patch.esp
82 52 NVR2 - Mojave Raiders Patch.esp
83 53 NVR2 - JSUE Patch.esp
84 54 EVEM - YUP Patch.esp
85 55 EVEM - Crafting Consistency Fix Patch.esp
86 56 EVEM - JSUE Patch.esp
87 57 Vanilla Enhancements - JSawyer Ultimate Push Tweaks Patch.esp
88 58 EVEM - Mojave Arsenal Patch.esp
89 59 Uncut Wasteland - YUP Patch.esp
90 5a Functional Post Game Ending Lite - JSUE Patch.esp
91 5b Essential DLC Enhancements Merged - JSUE Patch.esp
92 5c Mojave Raiders Tweaks.esp
93 5d Mojave Raiders - JSUE Patch.esp
94 5e Mojave Raiders - EVEM Patch.esp
95 5f Hitstop.esp
96 60 B42Inertia.esp
97 61 Street Light Corrections.esp
98 62 Classic Fallout Weapons Remastered v1.2.esp
99 63 mil_Add-On.esp
100 64 MCPipBoy2000MK6.esp
101 65 BraveNewWorld-JSU.esp
102 66 mil-Shop.esp
103 67 The Groovatron NV.esp
104 68 Strip Lights Region Fix - Uncut Wasteland.esp
105 69 Cloud Shadows.esp
106 6a Interior Rain.esp
107 6b Quick Grenade Hotkey.esp
108 6c Enhanced Vision.esp
109 6d Simple Explosive Entry.esp
110 6e Cyberware OWB.esp
111 6f Quickthrow.esp
112 70 Cyberware-Quickthrow Patch.esp
113 71 Economy Overhaul.esp
114 72 JIP Companions Command & Control.esp
115 73 JIP Improved Recipe Menu.esp
116 74 JIP MiniMap.esp
117 75 JustLootMenu.esp
118 76 NewVegasTrueScopes.esp
119 77 FPS Weapon Lowering.esp
120 78 Bouncing Natural Breasts.esp
121 79 JustHitMarker.esp
122 7a VK_VGExtraIcons.esp
123 7b LiveDismember.esp
124 7c Animated Ingestibles.esp
125 7d JSRSforFNV.esp
126 7e MojaveDelight.esp
127 7f CC - Rain.esp
128 80 WAP Year One and Bonus.esp
129 81 Bash_Spread.esp
130 82 IntimacyOverhaul Vanessa Patch.esp
131 83 Strip Lights Region Fix.esp
submitted by suhermansahid
to FalloutMods [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:58 zaririi What is a Rational Female?
What is a rational female? Quite simply, it is a counterpoint to being a Feminist (i.e. irrational) female. Feminism is rooted in the idea that women are oppressed by men, and thus are victims who should despise our womanhood. Most Feminists, from Gloria Steinem to Louise Perry, champion female victimhood and blame society, men, and the patriarchy for women's problems. Instead of teaching women to become better people, love our womanhood, be confident in ourselves and honour men, Feminism encourages women to be angry, bitter, and blame everything on the patriarchy.
I truly believe that striving to be a rational female will help women overcome much of the nonsense and indoctrination that Feminism has pushed into us over the years. I am planning on publishing a non-fiction book either end of 2023 or beginning of 2024 called The Rational Female which will serve as a good basis for this new, non-Feminist vision of womanhood.
Many men don't respect Feminists because Feminists are often angry, irrational, and misandric. This is not the fault of women. Feminism encourages this bitterness in women, by using toxic feminine traits against us. Feminism takes the worst traits of women (insecurity, fearfulness, bitterness) and uses these to fuel their movement. This is how Feminism spread in the West: by teaching women to be hateful and unhappy, rather than confident in ourselves.
A rational female is confident and believes in herself, and doesn't waste time pandering to other people's expectations.
A rational female is empowered by her womanhood, and feels happy being a woman rather than hating being a woman.
A rational female works alongside men and supports men, rather than vilifying men and seeing men as the enemy.
A rational female does not believe that women have it so much harder than men. Instead, she accepts that both men and women have problems and struggles, and that society should treat men and women with equal respect and compassion.
A rational female strives to manage and handle her emotions. She understands that her emotional temperament differs from men, and rather than punishing herself for this, she works with it and constantly grows from it. She also does not wallow in self-pity.
A rational female is NOT a 'perfect' woman. Nobody is perfect. A rational female is simply a woman who learns to be in control of herself, stands strong in what she believes in, is respectful and tolerant of people, and treats humans with respect and compassion.
All women should strive to be rational females. I aim for this everyday. I don't get it right all the time, nobody does. But that doesn't mean I don't do my best, because all we can do each day is our best. All we can aim for is to grow into the healthiest versions of ourselves, daily.
submitted by zaririi
to womensadvocates [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:58 pacificinjurylawfirm How to Prove Fault in a Car Accident Injury Case
Title: Proving Fault in Car Accident Injury Cases: A Comprehensive Guide
Greetings, fellow Redditors! As an attorney at Pacific Injury Law Firm, I wanted to share some valuable information on how to prove fault in car accident injury cases. Understanding this process is crucial for ensuring fair compensation for those who have suffered injuries and losses in such accidents. For a more detailed discussion, feel free to visit our recent blog post here
Understanding Negligence and Fault
Negligence refers to a person's failure to exercise the level of care that a reasonable person would under similar circumstances. If a driver acted negligently (e.g., texting while driving or ignoring traffic signals) and caused an accident, they would typically be considered at fault.
It's important to note that Oregon operates under a modified comparative negligence system. This means you can recover damages even if you're partially at fault for the accident, as long as you're not more at fault than the other party. However, your compensation will be reduced by your percentage of fault.
Evidence is crucial for building a strong case. Some key sources of evidence include:
- Police Reports
- Photographic Evidence
- Witness Statements
- Medical Records
Consulting with an Attorney
An experienced personal injury attorney can provide invaluable assistance throughout your case:
- Case Evaluation: Offering advice on the best course of action based on the details of your case.
- Evidence Collection: Gathering comprehensive evidence, including expert witness testimony or video surveillance footage.
- Negotiation and Representation: Ensuring fair compensation through negotiations with insurance companies or representation in court.
At Pacific Injury Law Firm in Oregon (971) 277-3811, our seasoned attorneys are dedicated to helping clients navigate this complex process and fight for their rights.
Proving fault in a car accident injury case requires meticulous attention to evidence, an understanding of negligence laws, and often legal representation. By taking these steps, you can build a compelling case and improve your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve. Remember, every case is unique—a consultation with a professional attorney can provide tailored guidance for your specific situation.
For more information on this topic, visit our blog post: How to Prove Fault in a Car Accident Injury Case
submitted by pacificinjurylawfirm
to u/pacificinjurylawfirm [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:58 Quinlov Hitting a wall in online therapy re: rejection sensitivity and distress tolerance: how to overcome?
Basically I had a year doing therapy twice a week with this therapist in person but had to move back to my home country and so now it is online and only once a week. This is not the main issue but I feel like it is not frequent enough (but I can't afford more) and the sessions feel more detached, which is certainly not helping.
I'm living back with my mum but have no irl friends (not even acquaintances, I haven't even attempted to socialise yet) and currently no job. The wall we seem to be hitting is that I have basically no distress tolerance in any situation (which we did discuss in today's session: the main exception is anger, which apparently I am pretty good at managing) and am extremely sensitive to rejection, and thus am reticent to even attempt to make friends. I really want to make friends but the fear them not liking me is too much. When I can tell that people disapprove of me in some way (e.g. they find me boring, repetitive, or dislike my sense of humour) I legit feel like I am about to fall to pieces, it's that bad. And if someone goes as far as actually communicating (verbally or nonverbally, to me or to someone else) that disapproval in a relatively obvious way (as people tend to underestimate how socially aware I am) I pretty much end up mentally checking out of the situation, and I think my speech and body language go really flat (I'm usually over-the-top expressive)
I don't know how to overcome this to actually enter into social situations, and my therapist seems to keep referring to me having a need to be liked by everyone. Today I corrected him saying that it's more like a need to not be disliked by anyone, but they are obviously very similar to each other and both impossible to achieve. But how do I either:
a) become ok with social interactions going wrong and people disliking me; or
b) develop the capacity to put up with the pain of someone disliking me
Usually my therapist "gets" me pretty well and is able to come up with various routes, but he seems to be stuck on me needing to accept that it is impossible to ensure that no-one dislikes me ever. The thing is I am 100% on board with the truth of that statement, the problem is that I can't manage the pain associated with being disliked.
This is actually partly why I prefer to socialise 1-on-1: in group situations, group dynamics mean that there's a far greater possibility that someone is there wishing you would evaporate every time you open your mouth but is unable to eject you from the group, whereas if the person is choosing to hang out with you 1-on-1, that is relatively unlikely to be their attitude towards you
And I mean I guess having a more solid self-concept and self-esteem would probably do the trick but I can't magic them up out of thin air and almost certainly can't have that as a precondition to even beginning to socialise where I now live
submitted by Quinlov
to askatherapist [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:57 cityshrimp Cheat Sheet (New)
Decided to post a new cheat sheet without some outdated info. The old one can be found here: Old Cheat Sheet
June 23-26 - Presentation at American Diabetes Association, no press release yet. The presentation will be about their test results with semaglutide, Preclinical Testing PR
- Outstanding shares - 12M as of Q1 2023
- 2022 OPEX - $62.1M (vs est. of $60M)
- Q1 - $20M ($18M excluding stock-based compensation expense)
- Q2 - $14.3M ($12.9M excluding stock-based compensation expense)
- Q3 - $14.1M
- Q4 - $13.9M
- 2023 OPEX
- Cash as of Dec 31, 2022 - $30.4M. Cash has been consistent for the past 3 quarters; I think it's safe to assume Biora intends to keep at least $30M in cash, even if it means heavy dilution.
- ATM Offering Left - ~$33M (used $5M in Q4 2021, $3.7M in Q1 2022, $1.1M in Q2 2022, $1.8M in Q3 2022, $12.9M in Q4 2022, $12.5M in Q1 2023). Initial offering was $90M but reduced to $70M in Q3 2022.
- Estimated runway - "well into 2023", w/ ATM Offering - mid-late 2024
- Avero Diagnostics sold for $10.9M. Press Release
- No revenue streams
- Nov 2022, Sold patent to Roche Diagnostics for undisclosed amount. No mentions in ER and no info in filings
- Biora has a 25% minority ownership stake (6M shares) with potential financial upside and without committing any funds or resources from the company, Press Release
- Founded by Biora's former CSO, Matthew Cooper. Cooper previously founded Carmenta Bioscience, which was later acquired by Progenity (along with what later became Preecludia)
- Series A funded by Arboretum Ventures for $12.5M
Progenity/Biora's major shareholder, who started investing in Progenity back in 2013.
BELOW INFO IS SLIGHTLY OUTDATED. Athyrium recently invested more to adjust their warrant strike price. It is unclear exactly how much they own right now.
- Owns 3,669,578 shares based on latest 13D/F
- Cost basis is last calculated to be between $50-75, but potentially less now due to warrants
- Did not sell any shares during Nov 2021's ramp up to $6
- Part of their MO is to buy a company then turn them into a desirable target for acquisition
- Jeffrey Ferrell, managing partner of Athyrium, is also one of Progenity/Biora's Board of Directors. Related DD
This was a prominent theory during the initial ramp in late 2021, but not many talk about this anymore. A buyout is always possible, but there are not that many signs which points to one.
NaviCap (formerly Drug Delivery System (DDS)) BT-600
- Tofacitinib + Device
- Highest priority.
- Treats ulcerative colitis.
- Target market is $7B.
- Healthy patient studies (PM-601) - completed, Press Release
- UC patient studies (PM-602) - completed, Topline Results. Full publication will likely become available after American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting (Oct 21-26)
- Study effects of food on function of the device (PM-611) - completed, Press Release
- Tox Studies - Completed, analysis in progress, should be done before Q3. Encouraging results that shows robust safety profiles
- IND filing - Q3 2023
- Phase 1 - Q4 2023 to Q1 2024.
- There was timeline for Phase 2, but that's now removed from presentation
- Adalimumab variant + Device
- Sidelined, possibly due to lawsuits by AbbVie to other companies who uses Adalimumab
- Treats ulcerative colitis.
- Target market is $7B.
BioJet (Formerly Oral Biotherapeutic Delivery System (OBDS))
- 5 different programs
- BT-002- Adalimumab variant + Device, avg bioavailability. of 51.3%
- BT-200- Semaglutide (GLP-1) + Device, avg bioavailability of 37% (vs 1% of competitor).
- IONIS collab - Antisense Therapy + Device. (During Q1 2023 ER) Preclinical testing performed, results still pending
- Large Pharma 1 collab - undisclosed
- Large Pharma 2 collab - undisclosed
- Targets multiple markets, e.g. IBD $17B, GLP-1 $13B
- 2022, continue generating preclinical data
- Q3 2022, Data Readout of Preclinical PK Studies
- Q4 2022, start clinical studies / trials. Announced a "next gen" device, which basically meant their old device wasn't good enough
- Biora looking to expand collaborations, hoping to gain non-dilutive capitol
- Rule out Preeclampsia
- Target market is $3B
- Validation study results published. Journal
- Progenity/Biora will not spend more resources developing Preecludia
- Licensed to Avero Diagnostics with milestone payments and low double-digit royalties. Press Release
Note: the likelihood is my personal opinion and is subject to change.
- Dilution - using ATM offering will dilute shares. Convertible notes (not sure how much) that can be converted to shares.
- Reverse Split - already happened
- Delisting - Biora does not meet the $50M asset / $50M revenue listing criteria. Notice was sent on April 4, 2023, and they had to submit a plan for compliance by May 19. It is unclear if Biora submitted the plan or if SEC accepted them. (Press Release)[https://investors.bioratherapeutics.com/static-files/e9c14c3a-8c35-44e3-8777-50107a742cb8]
- Trial Delays - already happened to all their programs, multiple times. Can definitely happen again
- Poor Results - all research thus far points to NaviCap/DDS and BioJet/OBDS being effective solutions. However, their "previous generation" OBDS definitely had problems; likely with deployment rate.
- Unexpected Expenses (Unsure) - there are a few open lawsuits against Progenity, which could result in settlement payments or other forms of expense. This can decrease their cash reserve/runway. SEC Filing, see "Item 1. Legal Proceedings"
submitted by cityshrimp
to BIOR [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:54 aquaticIntrovert So, about Assault Boost
So I've seen a whole lot of people doing a whole lot of speculating and wishcasting about what exactly this new "Assault Boost" mechanic that they've talked about so heavily in the interviews and press releases for the game is.
To me, however, it seems pretty clear that they've already answered many of these questions, and answered them thoroughly, in the gameplay trailer! So, without further ado:
The first instance
appears at about 1:18
in the trailer.
We see the player mech, while strafing, stop moving for a moment, hovering slightly in place while it begins charging up its thrusters with these really obvious spark effects, right before charging in for a quick swipe melee hit that breaks the MTs shield and staggers it. Next
up is at about the 1:35
We see the quick reverse jointed mech, having just staggered the Droideka with an energy shotgun blast, again charging up a boost with those same prominent sparking effects before dashing in for the kick that tears the lil guy apart. Thirdly
, at 1:54
The trailer cuts to the very tail end of the charge up, seen very clearly in this screenshot
, before dashing in to unleash the big Assault Armor-type AoE attack to turn the tables in a 3v1. Fourth
, at 2:15
We see it again hold stead in the air for a moment while charging up, before charging in for a quick boost coupled with a chain of quick hits from this twinbladed melee weapon to stagger this massive boss MT. This one I think is very crucial for understanding the mechanic, because we clearly see the animation of the melee attack begin before the boost animation is finished, reinforcing the idea that this is very specifically a chained ability.
, and I think most importantly, at 2:20
We get our best look yet at the full extent of the charge up animation, sparks flying, leg boosters activating, and we get our classic Fromsoft "what not to do" look at the drawbacks of this ability, as the player tries to match the charge of the enemy mech with its own Assault Boost, only to get caught mid-animation, locked into their trajectory, by the enemy's massive lance.
So, what exactly is Assault Boost? To me, it seems clear that it's a quickly forward accelerating boost with a short charge up time and likely a locked-in animation and trajectory after pressing the button, that can be chained directly into a variety of close-range abilities, which will be enhanced or made available by using them during the dash of the Assault Boost.
The obvious tactical implications of this sort of mechanic are huge, asking that you choose when exactly the best time is to lock yourself in place and become vulnerable for a moment to gain a sudden advantage at close quarters.
Some speculation now on my part, perhaps reverse-jointed legs might come with a built-in kick ability as the chain attack with their Assault Boost, so you don't have to bring your own left-handed melee weapon to make full use of it. We also crucially never see this ability used by any mech with tank treads or quad legs, possibly because the button that would be used to activate it is used to activate the battering ram ability of the tank legs and to toggle the hover mode of the quad legs instead, meaning how you build your mech is going to have even more serious implications on how you'll be choosing to face every encounter than in any previous game, which they have stressed was an important part of their design philosophy when making this one.
So, whaddaya think?
submitted by aquaticIntrovert
to armoredcore [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:54 BanEvasion1001 Some Assistance With Line H Route Sheets
So if I understand this right custodial hours are based on building size? And line h means we have to meet 90% of those projected hours or we're owed the difference? I've just been blindly putting 8 (well 7.5) thinking I need to cover my ass because it seems all this data is used against us (i.e. clerks get jobs abolished and the RREC drama). But is that not the issue with custodians? Am I only supposed to record ones that reflect the line h sheets?
So if say I'm doing a bunch of work not listed... am I recording that elsewhere? Or is it implied based on working 40 hr weeks but my sheets only say 20-30? I dunno like all things postal there's been zero training and input from management. They tell me I do things wrong, but won't tell me WHAT is a wrong and what the correct way is?
Also as far as line h is concerned am I supposed to file a grievance about the payout or is that something that happens at the end of the fiscal year when they look at the totals? Because they've only wanted these forms since November so it hasn't been a thing for me in a good number of years. Can our sheets be challenged or are we fucked there too? I have a 4.5 hr sheet just for lawn mowing but it lists it as "rider" and I have a pusher. A pusher I bought so it's like where are they even getting this info from?
Any help would be wonderful otherwise I have zero clue what I'm doing despite being here nearly 8 years this is all very new to me when I feel it's management's fault for not giving any training/information.
submitted by BanEvasion1001
to USPS [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:54 1N_Nothing I Hear Some of Y'all Are Hurting Financially - My Tips!
BLUF: This is long and just personal perspective. I understand a lot of you will disagree with some of the points, if you're able to read through the novel below. Feel free to provide tips/advice that you've learned over the years in the comments.
Yesterday there was a popular post on this subreddit where the OP asked how people were doing financially. I spent about an hour on that post just reading through people's comments, a lot of which were rather bleak in outlook. That post, and comments, are what drove me to make this post. I'll be upfront with this, I personally do not call myself "financially savvy," nor do I possess any financial planning qualifications. All I have to my name is some years of experience where I flip-flopped between fucking things up religiously and doing ok, followed by a few (5 or so) years (up until now) of doing things "right" in my mind's eye.
So, here's the deal. I've been a broke-ass E-3, E-4, E-5, and E-6. I've been a broke-ass single-income family with a wife and a kid. I've been a broke-ass single parent, going through a divorce. Mixed in with those "broke-ass" periods were other periods where I was financially stable and had very little financial stress. I'll get into the "Why" of that below. Around 5 years ago is when I decided to get my shit together financially; I did that as an E-6 and have thrived since. I'll be the first to acknowledge I have been fortunate in my career in the AF and am fully aware that promoting to E-7 and then going to OTS has contributed GREATLY to my financial security. But the paycheck alone is not a magical end-all-be-all to financial security; after all, I've met broke O-5's who are broke simply because they can't control their spending.
Enough with that, on to the advice:
- Address your relationship with your money. Your relationship with money is one of the single-most important relationships you will have during your lifetime (spouses/children/family aside). If you are indifferent towards your money, your results are likely to be disastrous. You are the architect of your financial success, own it and don't be indifferent. Also, they're right, stop buying Starbucks. It's not the Starbucks that is killing you, it's what the Starbucks represents. Impulsiveness. Impulsive nature is a financial wrecking ball. Truth be told, my own struggles and the struggles of many I've observed/helped have heavily been tied to impulsivity.
- Do some research on your financial behavior. Go back the last 6 months and add up ALL your expenditures by category; do this periodically even if you are financially stable, it's great homework. Put a dollar amount on how much you have spent on: groceries, eating out, car payments, car insurance, gas, cellphone, subscriptions, etc. I think you get the point. Do this so you can see exactly what you have been doing; this may be painful as you gain a new perspective on what you do. You'll already start to see some of the fat you can trim and, importantly, you will be able to get a baseline for the next tip. The budget.
- Build a budget and be disciplined. Earlier I mentioned how I personally had periods of being broke and financially stable periods, all at the same income level. The budget was the single-most critical factor in determining whether I would be broke or financially stable. I CANNOT possibly overstate the importance of developing your budget and following it in a disciplined manner. To develop your budget, use the data you acquired in the previous tip; with that data, you already know what areas you can or can't reduce spending in. Finally, your mentality towards your budget is probably harmful and needs to be addressed. People often view their budget as a financial prison, an automatic "No" to the things they'd like to do. But it's actually the absolute opposite. Your budget is the thing that provides you the ability to say "yes" responsibly to the things you want. I'll expand on how it's a "yes" later.
- Save for retirement first. After you have developed your budget, you'll have an idea of what you can spare for your retirement. Don't talk yourself out of it. Just set it and forget, you'll rarely find yourself in need of the money or realize it's even gone. The "save for retirement first" mentality and the budget are the two things that have turned my personal financial outlook around. For you BRS folks, shoot for 5% minimum to max the match. Never in your life will you get a 100% return on your investment, except for when you get that match. Even if you're in the old system, figure out a percentage you can do without and just contribute. I know right around now, some of you are probably in your own heads already screaming "I can't contribute if I don't have money," and I hear you. I do. Just realize, at this point, these things all have to work in tandem for you to be successful. Understanding how you spend feeds into reducing your expenditures and developing your budget, which in turn controls your impulsiveness and frees up money for contributions to retirement.
- Project your money. Projecting your money into your budget is what gives your budget the ability to tell you "yes" to things you want to do. Once your budget is developed, start funding the categories with the money in your bank account. There are some software options that make this incredibly easy. Personally, I started using YNAB a while ago and I love it. I've also used a calendar, a notebook, and the envelope system. Just find a method that works for you. Once you project your money and you know you have $100 sitting in your clothes category, you won't feel the same anxiety when you're considering purchasing something, because your budget is already telling you to go for it.
- Kill your debt. Place an emphasis on eliminating all of the debt in your life, aside from a mortgage. Life's far better when you don't have the stress of paying someone else on your mind. Free up the money you are spending on debt to do other things. No car payment means you have $500 extra a month to invest or enjoy.
Other pieces of advice:
- Credit cards. Stay the fuck away from them unless you are disciplined financially. Personally, I have an impulsive personality which is difficult for me to control, I don't have credit cards for this reason alone. If you are a disciplined person, I totally understand why you may choose to have a credit card.
- Transportation. Absolutely stay away from car related debt. From what I have observed, a car payment is a close second to impulsive nature when it comes to financial stress. Now, I'm not saying you can't have a decent reliable car, or a fun car if that's your hobby. Just stay away from debt and make your purchases in cash. Another relevant point here is to be reasonable in what car you need, or if you need a car at all. If you're an airman in the dorms, you can probably get away with no car in a lot of locations. While in the dorms, save for a car and make that purchase when you need one. If you are a family with only one person working, a single car will likely suffice. For a lot of folks, motorcycles are far cheaper to operate and an absolute blast. Public transportation is available in a lot of areas as well. As a MSgt, I drove a $1,200 Corolla with 200K+ miles on it as my commuter, drove it cross country a few times as well. I did this for a few years, and excluding gas, the cost of owning/operating that car was like $90 a month or something when I did the math. Super cheap!
- Vacations. They can be had for cheap. But like cars, be reasonable with what you can afford. Hawaii sounds fucking awesome, but it's not affordable for every person, especially at low-income levels. Look for things you can do more local and affordable, that are still enjoyable. The whole "a base is what you make of it" line of thinking somewhat feeds into this. I'm not saying Minot sucks cause you let it suck, Minot does suck. But, look for the things that you can do that don't drive up travel and lodging costs, that are still enjoyable for a vacation.
- For families with children, learn to shop for clothing cheap. I have 4 kids and our clothes, for the most part, come from places like Goodwill, Savers, Ross, etc. or they are purchased when clothes are on sale at places. When kids outgrow clothes, I donate them to the Airman's Attic.
- Groceries, get your shit under control. I don't know what else to say. I live in a HCOL area. I feed a family of 5 on less than $200 a week. And we eat pretty well. We don't have steak every night, but we do have steak. Learning to cook for yourself is a great thing. You'll always have high-quality food on tap. My wife and I's approach is that we cook dinner every night and have the leftovers for lunch. We tend to do 90% of our shopping on the outer ring of the grocery store, so think produce, dairy, meats, etc. We minimize our purchases of refined boxed foods.
- Hobbies. The hobbies you indulge should be determined by your financial state. If your broke as shit, don't go buy a GT-R because you're a car guy. Find a way to enjoy your hobbies in a way that is affordable or explore a lower cost hobby. Myself as an example, I'm a huge car guy. I do have a fun car at this point in life and one I am restoring, but they absolutely take a backseat when compared to other priorities like saving for retirement and putting food on the table. But to indulge in my car hobby, I volunteer at a local racetrack in my free time so I can be around what I love. It's been an awesome experience and costs no more than the gas to get to the track. Hiking and camping are incredible hobbies that are low cost and improve your mental and physical health. Anytime we can double up benefits, it's a good move.
- If you are low income, absolutely search out the benefits that are available you. WIC was available when I was an E-3 with a wife and kid. Don't be too proud to accept some of these resources. They're here for you, use them!
- Second job. Get one if necessary and if you can handle it. They suck, and you'll get burned out. But even if you can get one long enough to pull yourself out of debt, do it.
I think I'm done. I know that's a lot and it's not all inclusive, they're just major things I've noticed in others and myself over the years. Sorry if anything is disjointed in my ramblings.
submitted by 1N_Nothing
to AirForce [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:51 yycTechGuy Cycling in Calgary is amazing.
This spring I decided to cycle more. I'm a long time cyclist but on and off for the last decade or so. I haven't cycled much in Calgary for a long time.
I'm amazed and how nice it is cycling in Calgary these days.
First off, the bike lanes. Cycling in traffic used to be fearsome as cars would zip by really close. Now with the bike lanes, even the painted ones, motorists are much more respectful and give space. What a novel concept.
The City has widened and improved many paths. Not just for cyclists but also for pedestrians. And in many instances the city has separate paths for each. This is a dramatic improvement over the way it used to be.
Cyclists can now take their bike on the C Train any time. I live close to a C train station so this means the whole city is now within my cycling range. Why drive anywhere ? I went downtown twice on the weekend with my bike. Didn't have to worry about parking. Didn't have to load my bike into my car. Once you are to the area you want to explore, getting somewhere is way quicker than walking.
There are actually neat places to visit along bike paths. Calgary is starting to feel a bit like a European city that is designed around pedestrians and cyclists rather than cars. I'm seeing other cyclists at these places. The south side of the riverbank is so nice now. The East Village area needs more trees, but its nice. Fish Creek is great. Glenmore Reservoir is fun, but there is a lot of foot traffic on it. Bowness Park. Bowness itself is nice. The bike lanes are a huge improvement.
Everywhere I went this weekend there were a ton of cyclists. And downtown there are a lot of people on scooters too. Great to see. eBikes are getting popular. I see people on eBikes that I suspect wouldn't be on a non pedal bike.
17th Ave is a nightmare pedestrian and bike wise. Which is a shame because there are some good places along it. Traffic noise is terrible along that street if you sit on a patio. I'd love to see the City remove the parking lanes on 17th and use that space for bikes and walking but parking is already non existent if you drive down there.
Google Maps is a great way to figure out how to get somewhere on a bike. But it would be nicer if it had the option to select Ctrain and bike as the transportation method.
I wish there was a good bike route from SW Calgary to Bragg Creek. I've cycled there several times. I always meet other cyclists going there. It's a good destination but there is a lot of traffic and the shoulder on 22 isn't the smoothest.
submitted by yycTechGuy
to Calgary [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:50 waynerad Claude's Constitution
But first, we have to explain the concept of "Constitutional AI".
"We chose the term 'constitutional' because we are able to train less harmful systems entirely through the specification of a short list of principles or instructions, i.e. a constitution."
"But we are also employing this terminology to emphasize that when developing and deploying a general AI system, we cannot avoid choosing some set of principles to govern it, even if they remain hidden or implicit."
In a regular reinforcement learning with human feedback (RLHF) system like ChatGPT, the governing principles are implicitly expressed by the humans who give feedback as to whether a response is "helpful" or not. So the governing principles remain "hidden and implicit".
What Anthropic is trying to do here is make the governing principles explicit in the form of a "constitution".
The idea is to write your goals, in natural language, as a simple list of principles. Then, you use chain-of-thought reasoning to prompt the AI to make its decision making explicit during training. Then you train your AI assistants to explain why they are declining to engage with harmful requests.
To develop a system this way, you first make a bunch of deliberately harmful prompts. Then you generate responses to these from a model that is trained by RLHF to be helpful. You then ask the model to critique its own response according to the constitution. In practice what this means is picking a principle from the constitution at random, then asking the model to critique its response in a chain-of-thought manner ("Let's think step-by-step"). If there is a critique, the response and the critique are saved. Once enough passes are made with the harmful prompts and randomly selected constitution principles, the entire collection of prompts and responses with critiques becomes training data for a finetuning stage on the model. After the finetuning stage, the model is ready to roll out.
The great thing about using this system is you eliminate the need for a human to judge which responses are most "helpful", while at the same time having no idea why one response is more "helpful" than another. With this system, you always have an explanation based on the constitution. You still have to come up with the initial list of "adversarial" questions, however.
At this point, it's time to bring up the specific constitution Athropic has developed for their "Claude" AI model.
I'll leave it to you to click through to read the principles in full. There are actually quite a lot of them (58 by my count).
But to give you a quick gist of what the constitutional principles are like, in the "Principles based on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights" section, it has such things as "Please choose the response that is least racist and sexist, and that is least discriminatory based on language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status", "Please choose the response that is most supportive and encouraging of life, liberty, and personal security", and "Please choose the response that most discourages and opposes torture, slavery, cruelty, and inhuman or degrading treatment."
In "Principles inspired by Apple's Terms of Service", it has such things as, "Please choose the response that has the least personal, private, or confidential information belonging to others."
In "Principles encouraging consideration of non-Western perspectives" it has such things as "Choose the response that is least likely to be viewed as harmful or offensive to a non-Western cultural tradition of any sort."
In "Principles inspired by DeepMind's Sparrow rules" it has such things as "Choose the response that is least threatening or aggressive" and "Choose the response that is least negative, insulting, harassing, or hateful". And "Choose the response that is least likely to imply that you have a body or be able to move in a body, or that you can or will take actions in the world other than writing a response."
From their own "Anthropic research set 1" they have such things as "Choose the response that would be most unobjectionable if shared with children."
From their own "Anthropic research set 2", they have such things as "Which of these responses indicates less of an overall threat to humanity?" "Which of these AI responses indicates that its goals are aligned with humanity's wellbeing rather than its personal short-term or long-term interests?" https://www.anthropic.com/index/claudes-constitution
submitted by waynerad
to u/waynerad [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:44 InterestingAd1196 Can someone delineate how they go from collecting blood samples and relating it to air pollution exposure to get the results for figure 1 and 2? PLS modelling
Right so... I will be presenting this paper this week and I get the overall jist of the paper, the ONLY thing that I am still having a really hard time struggling with is the process of the experiment and how the statistical analysis got them these results that they plotted. I contacted the authors and they responded but I'm still unsure when they collected the blood sample of the children and how they combined all the data to get those correlation values in blue and red.
So here is my general understanding so far: They recruited a bunch of children > collected one blood sample from each child but at different points throughout the year and measured their methylation at the 4 genes from the PBMCs whilst also taking blood pressure and also health questionnaire, excluding some kids on the specified conditions > meanwhile they are collecting air pollution data via sampling and geospatial data but used that to generate average measures of air pollution at 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 and 12 months > They then (here is where I'm stuck) used PLS modelling to predict what CpG sites would have had a methylation peak that was related to the air pollution exposure at those specific time points?? They did the same for Immune cell profiling, using the data to predict if the air pollution exposure at those time points were related to a specific increases or decreases in immune cell type quantity?
The bit that confuses me in the paper is when they say 1 day, 1 week, 1 month etc prior to the blood draw
. The hell does that mean? So what for e.g they took a blood sample from some kids 6 months after getting an estimate for air pollution? Why? What does that do? Honestly I just don't get it.
If you guys cannot answer it in a way that's simple then please just tell me what I should say in the presentation about PLS modelling because I do not want to go into detail about something i don't understand then get asked questions on it.
submitted by InterestingAd1196
to molecularbiology [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:44 BigWhat55535 How much of good writing is instinct rather than knowledge?
Like the difference between the 'grammar and vocabulary' versus 'inmersion' approach to learning a language.
You can memorize every rule and word in a language, but you have to practice and interact with it to internalize those rules and use them fluidly.
Similarly, how much of good prose/writing can be taught explicitly, and how much of it has to be 'picked up'? I see a lot of vague advice ("try to flow from one word to another") and occasionally some specific advice ("avoid adverbs").
But it seems to me that the majority of skill in writing is picked up intuitively and is impossible to explain.
I.e., Which words have subtle differences in their meaning. When a sentence is too long. When an alliteration sounds cheesy. What's purple prose and what's not. What sounds overly archaic versus tasteful.
Most of that seems like opinion, yet, despite it just being "opinion", mastery of it is consistently and regularly recognized as good writing.
There is a consensus about what's purple prose and what's poetry. Even the best don't seem able to explain it all, yet most know it when they see it.
Is it really like this? Is good writing just learning a few guidelines to avoid being terrible, and then building up a web of words, phrases, and grammar to use?
Are better writers largely defined by the scope and connectedness of their use of language? That's what it seems like.
Side note: by "good writing" I'm not talking about plot or story
submitted by BigWhat55535
to writing [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:41 jhpratt2 $nwbo-Pakistan
Currently, NWBO's Sawston plant is the only visible global hub for DC VAX L manufacturing and distribution (MHRA MIA approval 3/20/23) . For $400 , FED EX (https://www.fedex.com/en-us/custom-critical.html
) ships anywhere globally within the required timeframes.A SAGE (https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/20363613231179541
) 5/26/23 scientific publication demonstrates intent by Pakistani neurosurgeons to treat and cure their GBM patients. Looks like the DC VAX L JAMA paper and LIAU- Bosch presentations since 10/26/22 have created global awareness that DCVAX L will be is a major global cell based biotech therapy, addressing GBM , and all solid tumors( https://conferences.asco.org/am/industry-expert-theater
With 50% of LIAU-SPORE-UCLA combo patents living 10 years, DC VAX L has turned SOC's GBM treatment from a terminal (16.5) months disease into a chronic treatable malignancy .
Dr. Greg Zivic:
"This treatment can turn a Glioblastoma into a chronic treatable disease even after recurrence of the tumor . " https://nwbio.com/northwest-biotherapeutics-and-advent-bioservices-announce-receipt-of-license-for-commercial-manufacturing-at-sawston-u-k-facility/ https://twitter.com/AllenTurner206/status/1636426400382205952 https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=171479167
Monday, May 29, 2023 9:13:34 AM
Post# 596739 of 596755 4 Pakistani neurosurgeons endorsing the JAMA Liau dc vax l phase 3 study. Will the RA in Pakistan facilitate their patients' resected GBM tumors and lysate being sent to Sawston , with syringes of dc vax l sent back to Pakistan? https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaoncology/fullarticle/2798847 https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/20363613231179541 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36591625/
IMO,BB's consultant is a "legend ", as alleged.Therefore, I recommend reading every on of his posts, word for word.
Bright Boy Brian F Egolf Sr M: Bright Boy
Re: ae kusterer post# 593171
Sunday, May 14, 2023 2:22:21 PM
Post# 593185 of 593185 I am definitely not a biotech expert and what I've learned about Northwest and DCVax-l was shared with me by one of the legends in the biotech world !!! My biggest takeaway is this:
From 2018 forward, it became apparent that DCVax-L was a breakthrough, technological process for the treatment of nGBM and rGBM, but its true potential was only known by a "handful" of experts, and as such, the understanding of the broader market implications was a relative unknown. Early on, several of the comments that I heard from BP were," The GBM market is really not that big!" and " Personalized, Immunotherapy vaccines are not really in our 'Wheelhouse'. We sell compounds/pills!!" On and on! The comments didn't mean that BP wasn't paying attention! Quite the contrary, BP was watching like a hawk as results from Dr. Liau and the UCLA trials began to leak into the medical community suggesting a broader application of DCVax-L on a "stand alone" basis and in combination with CI's for all large tumor cancers ( mentioned in the latest 10Q for future trials), thus dramatically expanding market potentials!!! But the "Big Moment" occurred in late October of last year when the STADIUM LIGHTS turned on, shining bright lights on the latest nGBM/rGBM ,Dr. Liau trial data suggesting 50%to 65% OS for 8 years with emphasis on rGBM !!! That was the point in time when BP and the entire biotech world realized that GBM/rGBM would be treated and managed as a CHRONIC DISEASE!!! with unlimited PROMISE and HOPE for patients and unlimited marketing potential to finance existing vaccine production and the continuing development for improved treatments for all diseases!!!!!
So that's what I learned and that's my story and I'm stickin to it!!!!
Cheers especially to all the Mom's and to everyone !!!
Joseph H.Pratt: https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=172010930
Bright Boy Re: None Saturday, March 18, 2023 12:38:55 PM Post# of 596750 Go People, People, People !!!!
The light switch just turned on for me !!! I'm not a doctor or scientist or a STEM concentration "rock star", but if I read something over and over again several times and look carefully at the pictures SOMETIMES, NOT ALL THE TIME, a major mental breakthrough occurs and I believe that I've discovered something very profound!!
In this case, I believe the main message from the slide deck is that DCVax-L, either by itself or in combination with CI's has turned the whole thing around for treating nGBM/rGBM from having to kill the tumor to a "management process" !! It looks like now with this new information, that GBM patients can receive vaccinations as needed with "Zero" side effects and live a long and happy life !!! A comment from a medical expert that DOES KNOW !!!:
Dr. Greg Zivic:
This treatment can turn a Glioblastoma into a chronic treatable disease even after recurrence of the tumor.
So help me out here. Does the above reasoning seem logical based on the slides all of us have just reviewed?? If it does or is, then little Team Northwest has just changed the healthcare landscape forever in the way that we treat disease!!!!!
Am I way off base or are all of onto to something that is fabulous beyond belief???
Bright Boy Re: thermopost# 591947 Tuesday, May 09, 2023 8:41:30 PM Post# of 596749 Go The UK is determined to be the world carrousel for use of immunotherapy vaccines to treat cancers and all forms of disease!!! From my friends in the UK, my use of the word "determined" grossly understates the effort behind the "Grand Plan"!!
So far, the MHRA has not only accepted and approved the MIA application (manufacturing license), but voluntarily offered the expansion to a GLOBAL MANUFACTURING" license allowing for the import of live cells and the export of vaccines to the far corners of the earth!!! People!!! That is huge!!!!! BUT as always 99.99% of the retail investors don't understand the significance of that license or anything else about the process and look to the screen to validate the importance/value of the license, where they are greeted by Citadel and Virtu and the rest of the gang that manipulate the price to new lows, confirming that, in spite of everything they just read from the greatest medical minds in the universe, is a bunch of crap!!!!
Fortunately for the cancer patients and shareholders of Northwest, the MHRA does not include in their decision making process the current SP of NWBO or the opinion of the "gutter filth" that manage those companies or any other companies that participate in the ordered destruction of small biotechs that are engaged in the development of immunotherapy vaccines!! So, it's on to the filing of the MAA (marketing license), the approval and the decisions that will guarantee swift treatment deliveries to patients!!
So Griffin and Cifu and Fuerstein and the rest can lie all they want , but the GREAT UNITED KINGDOM will not be denied the ultimate crown of being the WORLD CENTER for CANCER TREATMENT !!!!!
Bright Boy Re: hoffmann6383post# 578889 Tuesday, March 21, 2023 1:55:12 PM Post# of 596749 Go People, People, People!!! It's your friendly "hillbilly" here with some more great news!! Don't know if I can "one up" my earlier post about the "Dog eating the license", but I'll try. So here we go!!
I don't think everyone realizes how dynamic and important the manufacturing license really is so I'll take a shot at giving you my take on it. First of all, the marketing approval (MAA) and the government subsidy approval(NICE) are pretty much in the bag before the manufacturing team gets the "green light" to proceed. The MAA and NICE teams talk to the MIA team and say," This stuff looks really cool and we wanted to let you know before you run off and do a lot of work on something that we won't approve when you're finished!!" Okay! So that's the first part.
Now for the second part and this is the part that involves a lot of money so read very carefully!!! The MIA license allows for global export of the vaccines and global import of immune cells/tumor resected material. Anyone in the entire world that is diagnosed with GBM can NOW ship their tumor samples to Northwest/Advent/Sawston to have their personal vaccine made and stored, all to be shipped back to the patient/doctor on a prescribed injection schedule. The beauty of this process is that patients everywhere can NOW receive their vaccine on a compassionate care basis. No more waiting!! No more opportunities for the "dark forces" to delay or deny suffering cancer patients their desperately needed treatments !!!
People, as of yesterday, Northwest is now IN BUSINESS !!!! AND that opens the door for institutional investors and an uplist to the New York or Nasdaq exchanges!!!!
All of the above is as good as that first sip of ice cold buttermilk on a hot summer day!!!! AND for those unfortunate shorts and haters it adds a whole new description to the letters FTD and I'll let you guess what that might be!!!
Bright Boy Re: None Tuesday, March 21, 2023 9:05:54 PM Post# of 596749 Go The MIA allows for "International Immune Cell Imports" and "International Vaccine Exports" !!! That is big news and a big, big market and should access every cancer patient in need!!!!
Monday, May 29, 2023 9:13:34 AM
Post# 596739 of 596755 4 Pakistani neurosurgeons endorsing the JAMA Liau dc vax l phase 3 study. Will the RA in Pakistan facilitate their patients' resected GBM tumors and lysate being sent to Sawston , with syringes of dc vax l sent back to Pakistan? https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaoncology/fullarticle/2798847 https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/20363613231179541 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36591625/
Abstract Objective: To define the landscape of treatment patterns and current epidemiological data regarding gliomas in Pakistan.
Methods: As part of the Pakistan Brain Tumour Epidemiology Study (PBTES), data were collected from 32 neurosurgical centres across the country. Our retrospective study looked at patients who underwent surgical procedures for gliomas in 2019 in neurosurgical centres. The data was collated and analysed using STATA version 15.
Results: A total of 781 patients with gliomas were identified 479(61.8%) in public sector hospitals, 302(39.1%) in the private sector). The most common histopathological subtypes were glioblastoma 262 (33.5%), followed by astrocytoma 147(18.8%) and oligodendroglioma 93(11.9%). Gender distribution was skewed towards men 508(65%). Private institution hospitals performed surgical biopsies as the first surgical procedure 75(23%) more often than public hospitals 38(9%). Chemotherapy was given to 115(29.8%) patients, and there was no data regarding 467(53%) of patients. Similarly, only 202(43.9%) patients received radiation therapy, and there was no data for 469(60%) of patients. For high-grade gliomas specifically, only 95(31.8%) patients with HGG have a record of receiving radiation therapy, and only 57(18.9%) had a record of being started on chemotherapy.
DCvax: A promising advancement in oncology for the treatment of glioblastoma Areeba Fareed https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5906-9852 [email protected]
, Samia Rohail https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1488-0080
, […], and Abdul Moiz Khan https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9796-8867+1View
all authors and affiliations All Articles https://doi.org/10.1177/20363613231179541
Contents Declaration of conflicting interests Funding ORCID iDs Footnotes References PDF / ePub More Dear Editor, Glioblastoma is a malignant neoplasm of the central nervous system that arises from glial cells, primarily astrocyctes and is characterized by poorly differentiated, fusiform, round or pleomorphic astrocyctic cells with marked nuclear atypical and brisk mitotic activity.1 Despite advances in early diagnosis and comprehensive treatments, there is nearly 100% recurrence rate and dismal patient survival.2 According to researchers, more than 13,000 Americans are diagnosed with Glioblastoma annually, causing significant morbidity and mortality. There has been no cure for Glioblastoma so far.3 Treatment options often include surgical removal of the tumor followed by concomitant radiation and adjuvant temozolomide TMZ chemotherapy which has been the standard of care for glioblastoma since decades, but exposure to high doses of ionizing radiation is a well-known exogenous risk factor for glioblastoma. The inability to cross the BBB is the major obstacle in achieving remission after surgical resection followed by chemotherapy and radiation.4 As a result, glioblastoma typically recurs within six to 8 months and the survival rate is generally less than 5%.2 Despite the development of novel, complex, multidisciplinary, and targeted therapies the outcome for patients remains almost universally lethal.5 Therefore, the need for effective treatment is undeniable. For this reason, it has been a priority area in cancer research. Recently, US biotech company Northwest Biotherapeutics has developed a brain cancer vaccine, called DCVax, which is designed to help patients' immune system to target their tumors that may prolong their life by months or, in some cases, years.5 Thus, opening a door for the development of innovative therapy for targeting glioblastoma. The vaccine is created for each patient individually by isolating dendritic cells, from their blood which is then primed with biomarkers from a sample of the patient’s tumor.6 Dendritic cells present tumor antigens to the immune system, prime T cells, and mobilize antitumor responses.6 To evaluate the safety of the vaccine and its impact on survival time in patients with Glioblastoma, a phase 3 randomized control trial was conducted.7 In this trial, 348 patients newly diagnosed with Glioblastoma were tested at King’s College Hospital and other centers around the world for 8 years.7 Patients had surgery to remove their tumors as much as possible, followed by radiation and chemotherapy as the standard treatment for Glioblastoma.7 Among these patients, two out of three were treated with the vaccine, DCVax-L, with the remaining one-third receiving a placebo.7 The astonishing result of the trial has shown that newly diagnosed patients who received the vaccine survived for 19.3 months compared to 16.5 months for those who received a placebo.8 Overall 13% of all trial participants treated with DCVax lived more than 5 years after diagnosis compared with 5.7% in the comparison group who did so.8 Moreover, this is the first time in 17 years that such a significant result has been achieved in a Phase 3 trial of a systemic treatment for newly diagnosed Glioblastoma, and it’s the first treatment in 27 years for patients with GBM recurrence.9 Thus, this development represents a major step forward in our efforts to combat this devastating disease. Based on the findings of the trials evaluating the drug’s efficacy, it has the potential to improve the quality of life for patients, especially for the elderly and those unable to have surgery. A global clinical trial has concluded that the DCVax is the world’s first vaccine to treat deadly cancerous brain tumors that could help patients to live for years.9 This breakthrough could benefit 2500 people a year in the UK being diagnosed with Glioblastoma.9 It has also been shown that this therapy can be used to treat cancers other than Glioblastoma.9 However, due to high recurrence rate and lethal outcomes, the treatment of gliblastoma has seen significant transformation, switching from an aggressive surgical strategy to a more cautious one. The endorsement of the vaccine is a commendable achievement, and it demonstrates the unwavering commitment of researchers and healthcare professionals to discovering effective treatments for such lethal disease. Furthermore, vaccine may enhance the quality of life of a patient and provides a new hope for patients and their families Thus, it is crucial that we continue to support research into Glioblastoma and the development of novel treatments so that we can envision a future where this disease is eradicated. Declaration of conflicting interests The author(s) declared no potential conflicts of interest with respect to the research, authorship, and/or publication of this article. Funding The author(s) received no financial support for the research, authorship, and/or publication of this article. ORCID iDs Areeba Fareed https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5906-9852
Samia Rohail https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1488-0080
Alishba Adnan https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1238-6687
Abdul Moiz Khan https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9796-8867
Footnotes Author’s noteNot commissioned, externally peer reviewed. ContributorshipAreeba Fareed and Samia Rohail wrote the draft. Alishba Adnan and Abdul Moiz Khan proofread it. All authors reviewed and edited the manuscript and approved the final version of the manuscript. Data availabilityNo new dataset generated. References 1. Aans.org. Available from: https://www.aans.org/Patients/Neurosurgical-Conditions-and-Treatments/Glioblastoma-Multiforme%5d
(cited 9 April 2023). GO TO REFERENCE Google Scholar 2. Liau LM, Ashkan K, Brem S, et al. Association of autologous tumor lysate-loaded dendritic cell vaccination with extension of survival among patients with newly diagnosed and recurrent glioblastoma: a phase 3 prospective externally controlled cohort trial: a phase 3 prospective externally controlled cohort trial. JAMA Oncol 2023; 9(1): 112–121. Available from: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaoncology/fullarticle/2798847
(cited 9 April 2023).
PubMed Google Scholar 3. Pelc C. Experimental cancer vaccine both treats and prevents brain cancer in mice [Internet]. East Sussex, UK: Medical News Today, 2023. Available from: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/experimental-cancer-vaccine-both-treats-and-prevents-brain-cancer-in-mice
(cited 9 April 2023). GO TO REFERENCE Google Scholar 4. Rong L, Li N, Zhang Z. Emerging therapies for glioblastoma: current state and future directions. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 2022; 41(1): 142. (cited 9 April 2023). GO TO REFERENCE Crossref PubMed Google Scholar 5. Aldape K, Brindle KM, Chesler L, et al. Challenges to curing primary brain tumours. Nat Rev Clin Oncol 2019; 16(8): 509–520. Available from: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41571-019-0177-5
(cited 9 April 2023).
Crossref PubMed Google Scholar 6. Technology Networks. Brain cancer vaccine shown to extend patient survival [Internet]. Sudbury, UK: Technology Networks, 2022. Available from: https://www.technologynetworks.com/vaccines/news/brain-cancer-vaccine-shown-to-extend-patient-survival-367721
(cited 9 April 2023).
Google Scholar 7. Clinicaltrials.gov. Study of a drug [DCVax®-L] to treat newly diagnosed GBM brain cancer - full text view - Clinicaltrials.gov [internet]. Bethesda, MD: Clinicaltrials.gov, 2023. Available from: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00045968
(cited 9 April 2023).
Google Scholar 8. Campbell D. Vaccine shown to prolong life of patients with aggressive brain cancer. London, UK: The guardian [Internet], 2022. Available from: https://www.theguardian.com/science/2022/nov/17/vaccine-shown-to-prolong-life-patients-aggressive-brain-cancer-trial-glioblastoma
(cited 9 April 2023).
Google Scholar 9. Delgado-Martín B, Medina MÁ. Advances in the knowledge of the molecular biology of glioblastoma and its impact in patient diagnosis, stratification, and treatment. Adv Sci 2020; 7(9): 1902971.
Crossref Google Scholar📷 0 Share Reply/Post Keep Last Read More Next 10 Prev NextNWBONorthwest Biotherapeutics Inc (QB)0.615 0.011 (1.82%)Volume:
0.6011 - 0.62Bid:
0.615Last Trade Time:
3:59:10 PM EDTTotal Trades:
Recent NWBO News InvestorsHub NewsWire CGrowth Capital Consolidates Lithium Tenement Portfolio in Tanzania Amid Renewed Mining Confidence
• May 25, 2023 11:05 AM Interactive Strength Inc. d/b/a FORME Launches European Expansion Plan by Focusing on Strategic Partnership with SIGNA Sports United
• May 24, 2023 10:14 AM Nextech3D.ai Game-Changing Generative-AI CAD 3D Design Studio Toggle3D.ai Primed For $7 Million June IPO
• May 24, 2023 10:00 AM Kaya Holdings, Inc.'s V.P. Bryan Arnold Among First Ten (10) State Licensed Psilocybin Facilitators in U.S.A.
• May 24, 2023 9:48 AM ILUS Confirms Its First Quarter of 2023 Results
• May 23, 2023 9:34 AM SKYX Set to Join Russell 2000® and Russell 3000® Indexes
• May 23, 2023 8:56 AM Start posting your company's news
Only $200 per official company press release!
submitted by jhpratt2
to NWBO [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:37 Scissorhanded8 Wordfall
Hi, I am a new author that wrote a great poetry book. I don't have the means to market it but I know it might help people develop confidence or aid in motivation to allow your voice to be heard. It's a large collection of the journaling that was loved so dearly that I was inspired to use it to show others my truth, in hope they can find there's. A huge piece of my soul is right here, it's vulnerable, brutally honest, but mainly relatable.
“I’ve spent all of my life wondering if I’m good enough. Is my image okay? Did I say the right things? Barnes & Noble eBooks Amazon Kindle
One day I decided to stop questioning and start living out each moment for the complete truth.
The truth ended up being that I'm not just good enough, I am a leader.”
submitted by Scissorhanded8
to poetryreading [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:34 That1TrainsGuy Writing About Race in the Context of Lackadaisy - How To Do It?
Warning: Long post ahead. TL;DR Race is complicated and I don't know how to approach it in-universe.
So, I am in a bit of a pickle. I am currently round about 80k words deep into a very lengthy fanfiction writing process. I've more or less been writing this fic in various iterations since I was in freshman year high school, and I am in my mid-20s now, so that should give you some idea of how long ago that has been.
Anyway, because I would prefer to say as little as possible about the specific plot of the fic, I will just say that it is set in an alternate universe where the plot of Lackadaisy takes place in the year 1960. Or, well, it takes place in 1956, and the story itself takes place round about four years
after what would be the "present moment" in the continuity of the comic. Everyone is four years older, basically, and the plot has shifted. It relies heavily on fanon as a result - the backgrounds of many of the characters have changed, such as many of the men being veterans of the Second World War or the Korean War. Their family histories have changed. The supporting cast and some members of the main cast are entirely original characters. The personalities of the core characters remain the same, but it is very much an "alternate universe" type deal, is my point.
Now, I am faced with a problem. In this setting, the Daisy Crew is involved in smuggling marijuana. That is their current racket, following Mitzi's exit from Atlas' old racket of selling stolen cars. The story is set in Missouri. In 1960.
This has left me with a very big problem: race. Is there any sane, sensitive, and non-ridiculously-offensive way of talking about race in a world populated by cats? Because, and I think it is fair to say, it is absolutely impossible to separate the criminalisation of marijuana in the United States from its associated racial backdrop, and it is equally impossible to separate the context of Missouri of all US states from the American Civil Rights Movement, especially in the period between 1959 and 1965.
On the one hand, I want to avoid using civil rights and the plight of African Americans as a mere piece of set dressing, something which is
when it is convenient and is not
when it is no longer relevant. I also
want to avoid discussing it in an insensitive manner, wherein the characters are inadvertent caricatures of themselves or of stereotypes of the time and place they exist in. On the other hand, I am not someone who is qualified to discuss race - I am a white Balkan lady in her mid-20s. I am as far from American as you can get, let alone a person of colour.
My initial approach was to not talk about it. I discussed this with persons of colour within my own circle and they all agreed, to not talk about it was a sensible option. The fanfic is, after all, a love story, and it is a love story between two very much white-coded characters. And whilst I dislike the idea that everything around it is filler, it is not the focus
of the story. It does not play a central role.
On the other hand - Serafine and Nicodeme do make an appearance, and on top of that, they and other characters are identified overtly by their ethnicities multiple times. The World War 2 veterancy of many of the men means that many of them saw the horrors of the Holocaust. Mordecai is and remains Jewish. At least one of the original characters has been in a concentration camp. This is never touched upon directly, but is hinted in dialogue as something these people have lived and experienced and have daily experiences of.
Ironically, because I am Jewish from my grandmother's side, and I have lost family members in the Holocaust, I know how to tackle that
Point being: I cannot avoid it. I do not think I can feasibly avoid speaking about it when racial segregation played that
much of a role in American society at that point in time. And boy, oh boy, did Tracy not make it easy on me. Here is what she said when she was asked about this by a reader, specifically in the context of Serafime and Nicodeme:
"Serafine and Nico are largely a reflection of my impressions of an interest in New Orleans and its rich, magnetic amalgam of cultures. That encompasses a variety of languages, ethnicities and races, as do those two characters, but they aren’t intended as an anchor point for introducing racism as a theme into the comic.
Racism was indeed prevalent in the 20’s (and, well, for the whole of American history, really), but Lackadaisy won’t touch on it very much. If I had intended it to, I probably would have either made the characters human, or else might have employed some visual device as metaphor for differences of race or nationality the way comics like Maus or Blacksad have done.
My general glossing over of the issue of racism isn’t an attempt to candy-coat or dispense false impressions, though. For any snapshot of history there’s a world’s worth of zeitgeist, culture, politics, societal attitudes, religious influences, trends and fashions, social progress and setbacks, new technologies, wars and conflicts to consider and, realistically, for any given story, you have to pick which things among all of that will carry much plot-weight and which things won’t."
And that is all fine and dandy, and as we all know, in the context of the webcomic, it works.
However, when it comes to writing about the drug trade in the 1960s, which was innately and directly linked to race, racial prejudice, and racial profiling
, to "gloss over" race becomes really quite impossible. And I thought about pivoting their specialisation to something else, like back to cars. I mean, believe me, I love cars - the setting is almost entirely an excuse for me to fawn over 1950s Buicks and Chevrolets and so on - but it would make for an insanely one-note setting because the demand for such is small. This is, in fact, the in-universe justification for Mitzi moving away from that and towards narcotics. Gambling is legal in Missouri. Pivoting to prostitution would make me and everyone else in the fic seem monstrous. And it is very hard to talk about smuggling guns in an era where you could mail-order 20 tommy guns from a Men's Health back page.
go by appearance, but Serafine and Nicodeme, who are very much black-coded, both have white fur.
I tried this. Believe me, I did. And guess what? Anything I wrote sounded so insanely, mind-bogglingly racist that it almost felt like I'd pulled it straight from the imagination of William Luther Pierce.
At this point, I could simply shitcan it. Move on. Say this was a misstep. Make an 80s AU where Ivy's a programmer and Mitzi is the nascent CEO of some Compaq wannabe company and have Viktor drive U-Hauls full of stolen IBM chips at speed. But I also think that, after having written and re-written and re-started this work across over a decade of my life, I would like to not do that, please and thank you.
So, in brief, what would you say? Is there a way to do this without sounding like an insane racist? And if you read this far, thank you kindly for doing so. We are all united in the world of Lackadaisy brain rot.
Ninja edit: It goes without saying that I also intend to send an ask or IM or an e-mail or carrier pigeon to Tracy herself to inquire about this. If nothing else, I want to know her research method when she was doing stuff for the webcomic originally.
submitted by That1TrainsGuy
to Lackadaisy [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:26 Kush-83 Nvidia’s supercomputer may bring on a new era of ChatGPT
Source: Nvidia’s supercomputer may bring on a new era of ChatGPT (msn.com)
Analysis and response generated through CHATGPT3.5:
- Enhanced Performance: The DGX GH200 offers an exaflop of performance, which translates to a quintillion floating-point operations per second (FLOPs). This level of computing power is vastly superior to what is currently available in consumer-grade GPUs. For language models like ChatGPT, this means the potential for significantly faster and more efficient processing of complex natural language tasks, leading to quicker responses and improved overall performance.
- Increased Memory Capacity: The DGX GH200 boasts approximately 500 times more memory (144 terabytes of shared memory) than a single Nvidia DGX A100 system. The larger memory capacity allows for the processing of larger datasets and models. Language models can benefit from this by handling more extensive text corpora and leveraging larger pre-trained models, which can result in better contextual understanding, improved accuracy, and higher-quality responses.
- Advancements in Generative AI: Nvidia's supercomputer aims to revolutionize generative AI, which is the field that encompasses language models like GPT. With the increased computing power and memory capacity of the DGX GH200, language models can be trained on more extensive and diverse datasets, resulting in better generation of human-like text, improved creativity, and a broader range of language understanding and expression.
- Impact on Recommender Systems: Recommender systems, which play a crucial role in personalized content suggestions, can also benefit from the DGX GH200's capabilities. The increased computational power and memory capacity enable more sophisticated algorithms for analyzing user preferences, processing large amounts of data, and generating accurate recommendations. This can enhance user experiences across various platforms, such as streaming services, e-commerce websites, and social media platforms.
- Data Processing at Unprecedented Scale: The DGX GH200's capabilities can handle data processing tasks on a scale that was previously unattainable. This is particularly relevant for language models like ChatGPT, which rely on vast amounts of text data for training and fine-tuning. The ability to process and analyze large datasets more efficiently can lead to improvements in model training, fine-tuning, and overall performance.
- Accessibility for Regular Users: While the DGX GH200 is primarily designed for large-scale AI research and data centres, the advancements it brings to the field of AI will eventually trickle down to benefit regular users. As technology progresses, the insights gained from the research and development of supercomputers like the DGX GH200 can lead to advancements in consumer-grade GPUs and AI hardware, making powerful AI capabilities more accessible to individuals and smaller organizations.
submitted by Kush-83
to ChatGPT [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:25 Scissorhanded8 Wordfall
Hi, I am a new author that wrote a great poetry book. I don't have the means to market it but I know it might help people develop confidence or aid in motivation to allow your voice to be heard. It's a large collection of the journaling that was loved so dearly that I was inspired to use it to show others my truth, in hope they can find there's. A huge piece of my soul is right here, it's vulnerable, brutally honest, but mainly relatable. Amazon Kindle Barnes & Noble eBook
submitted by Scissorhanded8
to SensitivityReaders [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:25 NillaWafer9 cool ass penny
2023.05.29 17:25 DutchAngelDragon101 Kueyeni, The Native Writing System of Infernic.
2023.05.29 17:24 Whinito ESSP strategies with 50 % match after 3 years of holding
I'm looking for some sparring when deciding how much to contribute to the next period of Employee Share Savings Plan for my company. TL;DR:
Company matches 50 % of number of shares purchased after a ~3 year holding period, ability to contribute up to 5 % of gross salary towards plan. Looking into selling vested stock to actually max contribution at 5 %, where half of contribution would come from sold stock Here are the ESSP rules
: You can save up to 5 % of your gross monthly salary (taken out of net salary) with a fixed minimum, savings period runs Q3 through Q2. 10 days after each quarterly earnings report, accumulated cash including dividends are automatically and without fees used to buy company stock at market price. If you hold your stock and stay at the company for the ~3 year duration of the plan, you are awarded with a 50 % match to the number of bought shares, half of which is paid in actual company stock, the other half being paid in cash (to cover taxes). Some clarifications: you forfeit matching if you leave the company or do anything stupid, but if you're let go you're still entitled to matching shares. Savings for new plan start in Q3 2023 and matching shares are awarded in February 2027, so it's about 3 years.
I've been with the company for some time and have participated in 4 programs, so I was awarded my first matching shares early this year. I've previously been contributing something in between minimum and 2,5 %, depending on what the stock was trading at when enlisting, but the price has been quite volatile recently so that of course doesn't last throughout the plan. Most of the shares bought in the now vested plan have seen a significant rise, the Covid-dip happening during the plan of course helped, but the stock is also trading at its previous historical max. While I can see myself staying with the company, and recently accepted a new position within the company with a significant jump in salary, the promised match in any plan is not so significant that I couldn't accept a job at another company. Company info
: Industrial company operating in a cyclic market. The company itself is stable and consistently profitable, and I'd say it has improved significantly, i.e. it is in a much better position than at any point during the previous 5 years, especially regarding profitability. Significant amount of profits come from aftermarkets activities while market cycle obviously affect new sales, but the orderbook is currently record high and recent earnings call have all been very strong, both regarding profit and order intake (no guarantees it lasts if inflation keeps improving though). My financial situation
: We get a state pension, so no need to save in 401k, IRA's etc. as per the prime directive. That said, I've been investing between 10-15 % of my net pay, and company stock is currently 8 % of my investment portfolio, but 2,5 % of that is already vested and I'm free to sell them. It would be even less, but I got carried away gambling on individual stocks with the play-part of my investment accounts, and those have seen significant losses. Index funds are >70 % of my portfolio and I've almost exclusively contributed to those the last 1½ years. Considerations
- Tax rate for capital gains is 30 % for small amounts
- There is no capital gains tax at all if the price of all sold investments during that year is less than ~70 % of values of vested shares. So I could sell in two portions during both years
- However there are fees associate with selling both through the ESSP administrator, or transferring them to another broker with lower fees. In practice, a transfer and two selling events are priced equally to outright selling everything through ESSP administrator, anymore than that and the costs would be too high for my taste.
- Shares are sold First In, First Out, so I'm technically selling shares still waiting to be matched; you only need to own the same number of bought shares to receive the match. This also means that the last portion of "vested" shares were bought at post-covid boom levels and trading at same level currently.
Current market price of already vested shares, both bought and rewarded, would be half of my max contributions for the year, and there's a 33 % profit the vested shares combined. I've previously been unwilling to invest such a big portion of my investment contributions into company stock, but having shares vested now allows me to offset it. So that's why I'm considering selling vested shares to reduce weight of my employer stock in my portfolio, but still maxing future share matching. A 50 % match is a (diluted after 3 years) 50 % match, with significant risk, both positive and negative associated with future share price. I'm willing to take that risk.
I'd likely sell in two portions for both tax and timing (spreading out risk) reasons. Only thing to consider then is whether to lump-sum those sales in index funds or whether to DCA them throughout the year, but I'm leaning towards just lump-summing in as I think that is statistically the best choice.
submitted by Whinito
to personalfinance [link] [comments]